Friday, June 1, 2012

"Give, and it will be given to you."

"Giveand it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will bemeasured to you.” Luke 6:38


Mothers make a lot of sacrifices for their children, because we love them so much.  We do this without wanting or expecting anything in return.  However, sometimes we unexpectedly receive a favor in return.


On Tuesday, I ate every bite of my salad, but I pushed the avocado to the side. My mom asked, "I thought you liked avocado?"  "I do, but I'm saving it for Karis.  She loves it, and it's good for her." I didn't think anymore about the situation, and I didn't even mention it to Michael.


On Wednesday, I was eating a basic side salad from a restaurant.  Michael began topping my salad with the avocado from his burger.  This filled my heart with joy.  I gave up something that I liked on Tuesday, and now my husband was sacrificing the same thing for me.  

...just a sweet moment that I wanted to share with you :)
Me and Mr. Wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment