Monday, January 17, 2011

Two Lines!

Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 was one of the happiest days of my life.  My home pregnancy test finally revealed a positive result!  (I say finally because it took a few months of trying... not abnormal, but I was anxious.)

I woke up before Michael and quietly took the test.  Standing over the bathroom counter, I stared at that pee stick for three minutes, waiting for two solid lines to appear.  Once they did, I was in disbelief, so I reread the instructions.  The manual was very clear about the meaning of two solid lines = pregnant!  I quietly giggled, cried, and jumped up and down.  Then, I quickly got dressed and got the dogs dressed.  I turned on the bedroom light to awake my baby daddy.  He looked down at our dogs and read their shirts, "Mama's Pregnant!"  He asked, "Really?"  I showed him the test, and he smiled and gave me a huge hug.  That was the moment we knew we had entered a new chapter of our lives together.


That evening, Michael arrived home from work before me.  When I walked through the door, dinner was on the stove and flowers were on the table.  I love my man!

No comments:

Post a Comment