Thursday, October 6, 2011

Encouragement Everywhere

Karis and I were out for our morning stroll, and she was dressed in a onesie with pink flowers (so cute!).  A man asked, “Is that a little girl or little boy?”  I tried to hold back one of my condescending faces that revealed exactly what I was thinking.  Then, he said, “That right there is the best decision you’ll ever make.”  My response, “That’s more encouraging than you know.  Thank you.”
The decision to have a kid, quit a wonderful job, and stay home was the hardest decision I’ve ever made.  I made the decision 5 months ago, and I still wonder if I did the right thing.  I LOVE taking care of Karis, and teaching her just gets more and more exciting.  However, I still think about my old job almost every day.  My family and friends have listened to me complain a lot about this decision.  Every time, they offer encouraging words, advice, and prayers.  I am so lucky to have them!  If I were one of my friends, I’d say, “April, get over it already!  It’s time to accept your new role.  You are blessed!  Enjoy every minute, and make the most of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment