Monday, October 17, 2011

What time is it? Joy time!

Last week Karis was crying a lot.  She screamed so loud, and often there was nothing I could do to fix it.  It was stressing me out.  One evening, she finally fell asleep around midnight and woke up at 4:30 and 6:30.  I was exhausted and feeling totally down.  I sat on my bed crying and praying, “Lord, I can’t do this.  I NEED you.  Please help me through this phase.”  I had also been praying for peace and acceptance of my decision to stay at home rather than going back to work.  At 7:04 that morning, I woke up feeling delirious and confused.  I stared at the clock, and all I could see was JOY (as if the 7 was upside down).  Joy?  What did it mean?  I felt the Lord’s comfort right then, telling me He’d give me joy.  Then I dug through the Bible for a verse that would give me comfort.  Again, God spoke, “I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace while you trust in him.  Then your hope will overflow by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13. The next night, I dreamt that my friend, Shannon and I were doing a word search.  The first word on the list was “joy.”  I pointed to the word and exclaimed, “There it is! Joy!  I found joy!”  When I woke up, I felt overwhelmed with peace and joy, and I knew that my friend Shannon had been praying for me.  Praise the Lord for taking care of me and meeting my needs in low moments like these. 
Enjoying every moment

No comments:

Post a Comment