Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Karis, I need you.

Normally I pick up Karis because she needs me, but this time I NEEDED her.

I nursed Karis at 8pm and put her down to sleep. At 4 am I woke up feeling like there was an anvil on my chest. I jumped out of bed and wanted to run down the hall yelling, "Karis! Time to eat!"  I quietly crept into her room. Thank goodness she was awake. My sweet little girl was lying in her bassinet, eyes wide open and squirming out of her swaddle.

Aprils Pros and Cons to Breastfeeding:
Cons
- It was painful at first (but better now).

- I worry about leaking in public.
- None of my tops fit anymore.

- I can't eat whatever I want.
- Sometimes I'm the only one who can soothe Karis.
Pros
- Sometimes I'm the only one who can soothe Karis.
- Even though I'm not earning money right now, I'm saving our family a lot by not buying formula.
- Less bottle washing.
- For several hours each day, I get Karis (happy and quiet) all to my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment